Getting married is a very big step in life and as exciting as it can be, it brings on many changes and can invoke fear in some. Wedding jitters right before the big day is a perfectly normal reaction for taking that big step. This article will give you tips for calming those wedding bell jitters.
- If you have guests who are traveling to a destination wedding, make sure that you give them gift baskets at the hotel they are staying at. This will help to show the appreciation that you have for them for changing their plans and traveling to be a part of your festivities. If they are coming from the airport than perhaps hiring a special chauffeur manchester airport car for them can be an added advantage.
- It’s a nice gift to give the groom his own little cake. Have the cake designer make it resemble his favorite hobbies, like carpentry or football. If it’s a surprise it will be even more meaningful to him! Just make sure that the cake itself tastes good – a wedding cake that looks gorgeous but tastes bad will not leave a good memory.
- Make sure to include healthy food options for your reception. You might have a vegetarian in attendance or someone who’s just trying to lose weight. Be sure to supply them with options they can enjoy. Vegetables, cooked or raw, and fruit for dessert, will go a long way for anyone who wants to eat something that won’t pack on the pounds.
- Choose your reception venue with the guests in mind. If your family is mostly elderly then you aren’t likely to choose a location with a lot of stairs, or a big dance floor. If you have anyone in your family who is handicapped then you should ensure that the venue knows they’re coming and will make everything accessible to them.
- Make sure that if you are going to be traveling out of the country on your honeymoon, to have all of your documents intact, including your passport. This is a stress that you will not need right after your wedding and could put a damper on your honeymoon if something is lost. It is also recommended to hire a chauffeur service beforehand so you dont have to wait there finding taxis.
- Brides that have sensitive skin can get less stressed before their wedding by caring for their skin so that it looks great and won’t cause them to have a breakout when the time comes. Asking about a bridal spa treatment that contains skin soothing ingredients such as oatmeal proteins, sea salt and rose.
- If you are using a wedding planner, it is important that you work with them to make the seating arrangements. You know your guests, so you know who should be seated with whom. A wedding planner is just going to randomly put people together, which could end up causing tension and stress at your wedding reception.
- Adding items to your wedding gift registry can be very overwhelming, especially if you register at a large department store. Do not be afraid to make multiple appointments, rather than trying to build your entire registry in a single day. This approach keeps the process stress-free. Consider building your registry by household area. On one trip, choose kitchen items, then bathroom goods, then items for the bedroom and so on.
- If you have a destination wedding, offer a basket full of goodies delivered to guests in their rooms. You can include tidbits like tourist maps and sunglasses, novelty towels or even information on nearby attractions. You could also toss in a few suggestions for local eateries and cafes.
- If children are attending, make sure they are dressed comfortably. Stick to soft fabrics that fit just loosely enough to not cause discomfort. New shoes need to be broken in so that they don’t cause pain on the big day. Making sure that the shoes aren’t bothersome will let the children focus on their job in the wedding, and they won’t be messing with their outfit.
- When you are planning your wedding reception, and money is tight, you should choose buffet style to serve your guests. The bottom line is, buffet service is much cheaper than having your guests served dinner individually. If money is tight, conserve the resources for something you really need, like a place to live or furniture.
- Do not let small details upset you. Everything might not go as planned, and you might have to find alternatives. You should do your best to plan ahead of time and have backup plans in case things fall through. Do not blow things out of proportions and remember that details will not change your wedding.
- Hire a professional wedding photographer in order to create memories, not only to take photographs. When interviewing them, ask them about their vision for your day. Ask them how they see the day playing out in their mind. You should understand their process and how they will impact your big day.
- If you are getting married at a hotel, try and negotiate a better deal. Tell the hotel about the extra rooms that will be booked and the business that their eateries and gift shops will enjoy due to your friends and family flying in from out of town. You may even get a free suite for yourself.
- Discuss sponsorship with vendors who will be servicing your wedding. Many vendors will reduce costs if you allow them to do small things such as their name on the place cards for tables, listing them in the wedding program or perhaps a mention during the reception festivities by the DJ. These small savings can add up quickly.
- When someone gives you a gift for your wedding, even if you say “thank you” to them personally, always send a card in the mail thanking them for the gift. In this modern world of technology we often think that social media sites or text messages suffice for a thank you from a wedding. This simply is not true and it is tacky to not send thank you cards for wedding presents.
As stated in the beginning of the article, getting married is a very big step in life, a leap of faith if you will. Getting nervous and having doubts right before the wedding is perfectly normal. Apply the advice from this article on your wedding day, and you’ll definitely be headed down that aisle with confidence.